Sunday, October 2, 2011

What I can't do without

When I went vegan, it wasn't too much of a struggle. I was lucky in that I went vegan and the first day and a half I had someone cooking for me. That made things much easier. Of course, if I hadn't, I probably would have subsisted on cereal (before I accepted most as non-vegan and switched to Kashi's 7 Whole Grain Puffs) and soymilk and PB&J's. As it was, I managed when I got home with a few home cooked meals, some of my own invention, most from one of the cookbooks I got-Urban Vegan or Vegan with a Vengeance (I still have not used veganopolis) in the beginning. One thing I had (and still have) every day is this:

I swear by it. So. Freaking. Good. I'll eat it by itself mostly now, but a really great dessert is a spoonful of this with some chocolate chips mixed in. Or making my own peanut butter cup by adding some sugar to the peanut butter, melting down chocolate chips, resolidifying a base in a mini-cupcake paper and then putting the peanut butter in and covering with more melted chocolate. SO GOOD. 

It's incredibly rich and fattening, so beware, but once in a while, it's a nice treat. 

1 comment: