Monday, October 3, 2011

Cinnamon flapjacks with apple Butter

On the PPK forums, there is a cookbook challenge for 10 weeks? Last week was American Vegan Kitchen. I actually bought the cookbook, as it was the only one I didn't own/couldn't find in the library. No offense to Tami, but AVK is not my type of cookbook. Don't get me wrong-all the recipes look delicious-but I'm attempting to eat as whole-foods focused as possible with as few meat-subsitutes as possible (My roommate is an omnivore and also trying to eat healthy, so we avoid fake meats/soy products). I also don't like TVP. And fried was out. So a lot of the recipes either weren't worth it to me or were just plain sides and I look for easy to make dinners-one pot or very simple dishes that can pair well. Nothing jumped out at me. 

Friday nights and Saturday mornings are where I allow my choice in foods to become a little less... smart. I had a 'Somerville cheese steak' and marble cake from The Pulse Cafe in Somerville on Friday night. No pictures, as I ate it immediately. Saturday for brunch, I made apple-cinnamon flapjacks as a nod to AVK during the AVK week. They were good, though not really flap-jack-y. More thick panCAKE. I spread homemade apple butter all over them too. Quite delicious and I would definitely make them again. Though I might add a wee bit more almond milk to thin them out next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment