Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I know, I know.

Everytime I say I know, now, I have to say it twice. (I think it comes from listening to the Wicked soundtrack one too many times)

Mea Culpa. I know [I know]. I am incredibly incredibly lucky to have so many vegan/veg friendly restaurants in the near Boston area and that my whining the other day was taken the wrong way. I am sorry.

Anyways. I'm skipping a few days worth of food to give you last night's dish, which was... very interesting. As you may remember, I am following the Cookbook challenge from The PPK. This week is Vegan Soul Kitchen and it has quickly earned a place in my heart. I will probably be buying the cookbook at some point. Last night, I made a bbq tempeh over flat bread and topped it with the Apple Beet Currant salad instead of the Carrot Cayenne Coleslaw (somehow, cabbage didn't appeal to me-I've never really been a fan). Guys. The Apple Beet Currant Salad? SO. GOOD. Unbelievable. The flavors together were a little wonky, but tasted good over all.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying Vegan Soul Kitchen, I cooked from it this week too and it's one of my favourite books! I haven't tried this recipe so I'll bookmark it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool worthy! I have this cookbook but haven't made anything from it yet. Think I need to change that

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh, I'm not in on the cookbook challenge so I didn't know you guys were doing VSK this week! I am so in love with this cookbook. I even made the soundtrack on Grooveshark! http://choirqueer.wordpress.com/2011/10/01/vegan-soul-kitchen-the-soundtrac/

    ReplyDelete