Monday, October 1, 2012

MoFo Fo' Sho' Post #1

Hello fellow Vegan MoFoers! (And anyone else who happens to read this blog!) In case you were (unlikely) unaware, it is, again, time for the Vegan Month of Food (Mofo). Last year I got through about half before failing miserably. This year, I hope to do better! I even have a theme! It's very exciting. I'll get to the food in a few moments but first, let me introduce you to the first part of the background. (I'll probably include a wee tidbit each day to round out posts. Maybe not every day if I'm being truthful)

There is an organization called the Bolivian Quaker Education Fund that helps with education in (obviously) Bolivia for Quakers there (obviously). They are starting to have a presence in the New England Yearly meeting (the regional oversight type group/community for Quakers in New England). In order to raise money for Quakers in this program/education/whatever in Bolivia, they made a zine.

The zine is full of meat and eggs and dairy and all these things I no longer eat! So this month I will be veganizing as much as I can from this zine. I have hopes of posting through out October although I have my doubts of actually fulfilling the 'requirements' of Vegan Mofo (probably won't post 5 times each week, but I'm going to do my best to do so!).
Bolivian Food and Friends, a Bolivian food zine

I've already made a few of the dishes vegan and I have to say... Bolivians are onto something. Even if they're so attached to their meat and dairy. Because despite the lack of clarity...What I've made so far has been gooood. (See tomorrow with the Saltenas) I'll leave you with a teaser picture!

Saltenas

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I saw your comment on Kim Cooks Veg 4U about veganizing Bolivian recipes and knew I had to check out your blog! Looking forward to seeing your posts this MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your theme! Those saltenas look awesome. Will you be posting your veganized recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing my best to do so, as well as suggestions for how alternatives in a few cases. (See Post #2 for Saltenas, veganized.)

      Delete