Thursday, October 4, 2012

MoFo Fo' Sho' #4

I'm having qualms about my titles picked out of my amusement. So you may see them change at some point.

First tidbit that could be useful to know (since it's in the title of the recipe I'm veganizing for this post):

Internado




a supervised residence for students. The Internado in Sorata provides secondary students (grades 6-12) from outlying villages with a home-like residence to sleep, eat, and study Sunday evening through Friday afternoon while they take classes in the public school.


I made Viva Vegan's Red Seitan to put in the "Vegetable Beef Stew from the Internado" This is probably the third time I've actually successfully made seitan. The second time I ever made Seitan it became Braaaiiinss which scared me off. Since I tried the Seitan O' Greatness a couple months back I've gotten a bit more daring. I followed the recipe as closely as possible (I didn't have some of the specific tools/ingredients). When it was all together, it seemed really soft/too full of liquid to be good, but I left it alone as instructed and kept going. I steamed it and they came out of the make shift steamer and they were still way softer than the Seitan o Greatness. I let it cool off and it hardened up a little and then I pan fried it the next day after it had been in the fridge and it was excellent. Exactly what I needed (I might work on the flavorings a little), to my delighted surprise!

(Pictures later when I blog about the meal I used these in)

1 comment:

  1. Seitan brains?!! Eek!

    I definitely need to try that red seitan from VV.

    ReplyDelete