Friday, October 14, 2011

Chickpeas & Kale with Vegan Dad's pumpkin Rolls

It appears I have several days to make up for. Whoops. (for the record, here's what kept me from posting-Rock Climbing with a work friend + spending a night at the boy's, having work thursday night as well as during the day and being exhausted/forgetful when I got home)

So! Moving on! On Sunday night, after I was foiled by the local indian restaurant in my quest to have spinach and chickpeas as dinner (darn you ghee) the previous night, I made Isa Chandra's Chickpeas & Kale indian spiced dish from Appetite For Reduction. If you have AFR, I'm sure you can figure out the real title of the dish. If not... well, if you ever borrow the book or see it, I'm sure it will become obvious what I'm talking about-it's in the stews section.

Last week, when I saw Vegan Dad's Pumpkin pull apart rolls,  I lusted after them. Lusted, yearned for, and any other descriptors that you can think of along those lines. So, I made them on Sunday. YUM. I'd picked up Pumpkin butter from the same place I bought a bushel of apples and smeared it all over. So. Good. I can't recommend that recipe enough.

Indian Chickpeas & Kale

(PS, Sorry for the random elbow/dish in the background. I'm still figuring out photography and the boy hadn't moved his elbow in time.)

1 comment: