Friday, September 16, 2011

Veggie galaxy

Veggie galaxy, a vegetarian diner styled with a fifties vibe recently in central square. I got take out recently-the French toast stuffed with vegan banana nut cream cheese. I also got an upside down sticky bun. Yum. The food was incredibly delicious, but there was a huge problem. They forgot to give me my food. I had to walk to the counter. My food was tepid. The server was apologetic bit didn't offer any options-like reheating. (I should note it was take out-but I live fairly close. It wouldn't have cooled much.)





This week, I menu planned for myself and my roommate. I have a feeling I'll be doing that occasionally. Or often. Or all the time. Because I enjoy it. and I enjoy cooking. I went back to a recipe i'd used before in Color Me Vegan, Red Lentil Apricot stew. Which, despite seeming as if it might be bland based on the ingredients, is actually quite amazing. The mix of spices and flavors is perfect. Beyond perfect. And it is so very easy. 



I also made bread and jerk asparagus based on Isa's Jerk Asparagus recipe. I used jerk seasoning, however, that my friend brought back with her from Jamaica. I used a bit too much, it was a little too hot for my liking. I also put rosemary in the bread. And flax meal. I think the flax meal made me stinky gassy. The rosemary was good though. 



Black bean soup rougly based off American Vegan Kitchen's black bean soup. We added chard because it was about to go bad and zucchini for the same reason. There were more black beans than called for, but I personally adore black beans. They are the best thing ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment