Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wow

I can't believe I haven't already told you the wonders of Summer Lovin' Curried Corn & Veggie Chowder.

Oh. Man.
I wish I hadn't managed to get the edge of the table there-but I'm not a pro with photography -yet- so I'll forgive myself. Will you?

In case you were wondering, that's the Broiled Blackened Tofu from Appetite for Reduction, which I decided to make for the third (I'm almost consistently always doing new recipes every time I cook-very few repeats as of yet in this vegan journey) time. Unfortunately, those three pieces were all I got to eat. My lovely dog thought they were really delicious too and decided to eat them (despite having shoved them as close to the wall as I could. I still don't quite understand how she does it).

Anyways. Back to the chowder. Oh holy whatevers, it was SO good. Even better was that I shucked my own corn and cut the kernels off. Made me feel that more connected to it. Yum yum yum. The curry was a wee bit strong, but in a kind of surprisingly delicious way. The tofu went quite well, creating just enough heat in my mouth to push my boundaries (heat wimp/former heat wimp resides here) a little.

Also? Immersion blending is a lot a lot of fun. Yes, I meant to say that twice. Emphasis and all. It usually takes me a week to finish left overs-since I seem to like a lot of variety/want to cook ALL THE TIME. This one? 4 days. At the most. I wasn't tracking, but it might've been less....

So, basically, go buy Appetite For Reduction and make this recipe as soon as corn comes into season. (I cheated and used corn brought in from far far away).

No comments:

Post a Comment