Monday, June 13, 2011

The brother drops in

I had a draft of this on another computer, but apparently I didn't save it properly. Too bad.

Anyways. Here is a gratuitous picture of my brother:
He likes making faces. Also? I haven't seen him in 3 months because he's been hiking the Appalachian Trail (he's such a copy cat). I made dinner on Saturday night because there were some recipes I wanted to try. He ate lots and liked it (he's a meat eater, but he definitely believes the western diet is problematic and that meat eating should be minimized-not abolished). 

Since I got Color Me Vegan last thursday, I've been cooking out of it a lot. Saturday night, I made the Sweet Potato Burritos from the Rainbow Section and the Apricot Lentil Stew from the red section (red lentils, but we used half green because we were almost out of red). 

It came out really delicious. And we got some great pictures of it too. 



Gratuitous blurry picture of me and the lentil stew with apricots:
 The whole thing put together. Completely delicious. (I went without the tortilla, since I'm attempting to limit refined carbs as much as possible)

1 comment: