Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baked Falafel

I've been out for the last several nights and haven't (unfortunately) had the opportunity to make dinner. Tonight, I finally did. I went with the Baked Falafel from Appetite for Reduction. I also made pita bread from a bread book. Yum. It was SO sunny today, so I ended up leaving the chickpeas soaking outside in the sun for about 6 hours just to see if it made a difference (it kind of did). The bread didn't take a really long time and it tasted good (I added half a cup of spelt flour so it was 3 cups of white flour and a half of spelt. It made it taste a little richer). I LOVED the falafel. It was such a great texture without all of the oil frying.


Yes, that DOES look super delicious. Yes, I DID just gobble it right up. In fact, it's making me hungry all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment