Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pan Fried Chickpeas and awesome

Sometime early last week, I was on The PPK, checking (obsessively) the active topics. And someone had created a thread about oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. Which I had never heard of before. I mentioned it to a few coworkers, including a really petite pretty one who always makes feel like a too-tall fat ass. And soon they were bugging me to make them. So, I did. I used JoeJoe's and the chocolate chip cookie recipe from VWAV (that's Vegan with a Vengeance). The chocolate chip recipe is so good and so easy. I actually liked the chocolate chip cookie I made without the JoeJoe better than the oreo stuffed one. 

Which isn't to say I didn't like them, but I think they were a bit much... Everyone at work, however, loved loved loved them. Who am I to judge? I may have shown non-vegans just how awesome vegan baking can be. (Thanks to Isa Chandra!) 



So, in case you were unaware, there's this giant storm moving up the east coast. Her  name is Irene. I think she'll be my friend. Last night, I got really worried, so I went to the grocery store. And I bought foodz. This is one of the things I bought and I'm very happy with my (extraneous) purchase. Because it is fantastic on bread:

I made bread tonight. Just in case we lose power, we will still have baked goods. It was just as good as any bread I ever make. (Which, not to be awful, but my bread is almost always good)



I made Lemony Panfried Chickpeas with Chard from Color Me Vegan. I used Chard and Kale from my garden instead of a bunch of chard from the supermarket. It turned out ok, but definitely not as good as the first time I made it.

This was dinner. I might go make some toast and have more of Mighty Maple on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment